Saturday, January 7, 2012

Books I Enjoyed Reading in 2011

Since 2009, I've kept track of the number of books I've read throughout the year along with the author and title of each book as a sort of written record for my own personal use.

In 2011, I read a total of fifty-six books. I usually aim to read one book a week for a total of 52 books a year... However, last year I happily exceeded my usual reading goal. Most of the books I read last year were fun, interesting, & informative. And then of course, there were those that really stood out and had me CAPTIVATED!!!

My top fiction reads in 2011:

The Sacred Well by Antoinette May
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
Prisoner of Memory by Denise Hamilton
The Poison That Fascinates by Jennifer Clement
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd
The Doorbells of Florence by Andrew Losowsky
Wringer  by Jerry Spinelli
Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli

My top nonfiction reads in 2011:
 
Alex & Me by Irene M. Pepperberg
Paula Deen: It Ain't All About the Cookin' by Paula Deen 
Food Rules by Michael Pollan 
Raw Food Cleanse by Penni Shelton


I'm always on the lookout for a good book to read. So, what were some of your favorite reads in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment