Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
I had a very difficult time selecting my favorite bookish memories!! I have so many of them that I've collected over the years, especially the past ten years.Click on the links below to read/view my blog posts featuring my favorite bookish memories. Happy reading & enjoy!!
1. Bay Area Book Festival in Berkeley, California in person annually 2015-2019. In person book festivals are a blast! The Bay Area Book Festival is such a fun festival!! Each time I've attended the Bay Area Book Festival in years past, I've shared a detailed post about my experience at the festival that particular year. You can find my numerous posts by doing a search on my blog.
2. Stanley Mosk Library & Courts Building in downtown Sacramento, California in April 2019. My hubby and I enjoyed taking a free self guided tour of this place during the weekday and loved the architecture!
3. Bart's Books in Ojai, California - A unique indoor and outdoor independent bookstore not to be missed!!
4. Little Free Libraries - I am an avid fan of Little Free Libraries and have found several of them throughout California. I actively seek them out within my own community and nearby communities too...
And believe me there doesn't seem to be a shortage of them popping up everywhere these days!
Plus, when my husband and I have taken vacations in the past (or short day trips), where I'll seek out Little Free Libraries on our trip. Each Little Free Library is so unique. I have fun exchanging books at Little Free Libraries. Half the fun is discovering which books I'll find inside them. I've actually found many wishlist books inside Little Free Libraries.
Hopefully, one day soon, I can find Little Free Libraries in other states as well. I write posts about my Little Free Library adventures. So feel free to do a search on my blog if you would like to read a post or two of my Little Free Library adventures.
6. The Last Bookstore in downtown Los Angeles, California 2012!! Wow, I can see why everyone raves about this bookstore. It's definitely a unique bookstore and has a lot of space to peruse for sure... During my visit many moons ago, I enjoyed the discounted book section, vintage records, coffee stand, and plenty of events for the avid reader to attend. I'd love to revisit this bookstore once again in the future.
7. The National Steinbeck Center in Salinas, California in 2015. If you are a John Steinbeck fan, then this place is a MUST see museum to visit. Down the street from the National Steinbeck Center is the former home of John Steinbeck and is now a restaurant.
8. The Stevenson House in Monterey, California in 2013. This is where author Robert Louis Stevenson lived for a short time during a visit to the USA. I loved the garden in the back of the building.
9. Eugene O'Neill National Historic Site in Danville, California. US Nobel Prize winning playwright, Eugene O'Neill lived and worked in Danville, California where he wrote some of his most memorable plays. I enjoyed the free guided tour of his home.
10. Thousands Of Books Given Away At A Contra Costa County Library in 2019!!! I was there and it was a blast to walk away with 25 FREE withdrawn library books!