Friday, January 6, 2012

Bookcrossing.Com---- Read, release, repeat! The Karma of Sharing Books!!

As of today, I've been an active member of Bookcrossing for 5 fun filled years! I'm looking forward to many more wonderful years ahead as a proud member of the Bookcrossing community. So, what exactly is Bookcrossing, you may be wondering?

Well, to quote the Bookcrossing website, Bookcrossing is defined in the following way: 

It's the World's Library. It's a smart social networking site. It's a celebration of literature and a place where books get new life. BookCrossing is the act of giving a book a unique identity so, as the book is passed from reader to reader, it can be tracked and thus connecting its readers. There are currently 986,024 BookCrossers and 8,382,745 books travelling throughout 132 countries. Our community is changing the world and touching lives one book at a time.

For me, Bookcrossing has been a way to connect with readers around the world! I've posted over 4,100 comments on a wide array of topics in the Bookcrossing forum section, hence conversing with countless other wonderful Bookcrossing members. I've released/shared over 300 books out into the world at large. Some of my books have even traveled beyond the borders of the USA to Canada, Europe, Asia, & Australia, where the books have been read & enjoyed by many Bookcrossers around the world. 

I've made many new friends online through Bookcrossing. I've discovered new authors and books from other Bookcrossing members. I've participated in online readalongs, online sweepstakes and RABCKS (Random Acts of Bookcrossing Kindness) and so much more. I'm grateful for all of the books I've found in Official Bookcrossing Zones and books sent to me by my fellow Bookcrossing members. Bookcrossing members are a generous and kind group of people. They've shared such items as tea, chocolate, bookplates, bookmarks, postcards, and countless other goodies with me to numerous to mention.

Learn more about Bookcrossing through their website at the following link: http://www.bookcrossing.com/

If you're a member of Bookcrossing, what do you enjoy most about being a member?

P.S. If you decide to become a member of Bookcrossing, due to reading this blog post, please use FeistyPom2Love (that would be my Bookcrossing screen name) as the person who referred you to Bookcrossing!! Thank you and until next time, happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. I have been an active Bookcrosser since 2022. It is my favorite hobby. I love to release books into the wild and sometimes hunt for them as well. It's so much fun to see where my books travel to and the adventures they're on.

    ReplyDelete