Thursday, January 26, 2012

Death in the Cards by Sharon Short

I really enjoy reading cozy mystery novels as they're fun to read and because I am unable to resist an engaging mystery novel!

I recently finished reading a cozy mystery novel by Sharon Short entitled Death in the Cards, which is the 3rd installment of Sharon Short's "Stain Busting" mystery series featuring laundress/stain expert Josie Toadfern. Josie Toadfern's natural curiosity makes her an ideal amateur sleuth within her hometown of Paradise, Ohio.

Death in the Cards is the 1st novel I've read that Sharon Short has written. I enjoyed the new age/psychic fair theme in this novel. I also enjoyed the quirky characters and abundant "red herrings" thrown in to keep me guessing as to whodunnit! To read an excerpt of Death in the Cards, visit the author's website!

Until my next post, happy reading!

P.S. I must also add that my favorite quote from Death in the Cards is as follows:

"That there is a devil, there is no doubt. But is he trying to get in... or trying to get out?"

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation. This sounds like a cozy mystery I'd like to read. I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete