Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Wish I'd Read As A Child Or Teen



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

As an adult, I've read quite a few young adult books and even children's books. I've always been an avid reader my entire life... But somehow, some way, there have been some classics that I missed reading in my youth that I wished I had read at the time!

Below is a list of ten young adult or children's novels I wish I had read during my younger years. Like how did I miss out on so many Judy Blume novels as a youngster???? 

Click on the links to read my read my review of the below novels.

1. Are You There God? It's Me Margaret by Judy Blume
2. Deenie by Judy Blume
3. Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume
4. Forever by Judy Blume
5. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren
6. The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery
7. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
8. War Horse by Michael Morpurgo
9. The Seance by Joan Lowry Nixon
10. The Witches by Roald Dahl

10 comments:

  1. Nice ones! I forgot to include Matilda! That was one of my favorite Ronald Dahl books!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roald Dahl is such a good writer. I've enjoyed reading many of his novels.

      Delete
  2. I liked Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, too. Goodness, I haven't thought of that book in years. :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy Blume is a good writer and provides thought provoking reads.

      Delete
  3. I enjoyed reading Roald Dahl and Judy Blume growing up. I still need to read Are You There God? It's Me Margaret, but I recently purchased a copy!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both writers are ones I would recommend to other readers.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I love War Horse. It's like Black Beauty, but more accessible for younger readers. I saw it on my high school library shelves but never got around to reading it until I was an adult and the movie came out...kicked myself for that one!

    I read Deenie in high school, and it mostly just made me super paranoid about my posture and potentially being diagnosed with scoliosis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see where someone would be more thoughtful about their posture after reading Deenie.

      Delete
  5. I never read Judy Blume when I was growing up either, because when her books were being published I was already off to college. But I have read them all now and loved everyone. I read Pippi Longstocking in 6th grade when my teacher let me be in the independent reading section of our class. I loved it! It made me feel like someone understood me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed Pippi Longstocking as a youngster. It's fun seeing how much reading books impact kids in a positive fashion.

      Delete