Sunday, March 31, 2019

2019 First Quarter Wrap Up Post!!

The first quarter of 2019 is almost over with! I've had an interesting year of reading and blogging thus far.

I've read or listened to a total of 24 reads this year
to date and counting!

In January 2019 I read the following five books:

1. Gods In Alabama by Joshilyn Jackson
3. Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach
4. A Skating Life: My Story by Dorothy Hamill
5. The Crossing by Michael Connelly

I also visited 3 new to me Little Free Libraries
during the month of January and blogged about
my Little Free Library adventures.

In February 2019 I read the following two books:

1. Tangerine by Christine Managan
2. An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

I had a reading slump in the month of February,
which I wrote about in a blog post towards 
the end of February. I had three
books, which I dnf'd during the month of February...
And the other books I had at my disposal just weren't
ones I was interested in reading at the time.

I did make several blog posts promoting 
Black History Month though.

In March 2019, my reading mojo returned!

I focused on reading or listening to books 
and short stories written by women, which I
didn't plan until March came along as March
is Women's History Month.

Interestingly enough everything I read in March
came in ebook form from Amazon or 
was an Audible audiobook.


I read the following seventeen books/short stories in March:

1. Frostbite (Ivy Granger 0.5) by E. J. Stevens
2. Throwing Smoke by Kit Sergeant
3. A Mind of Her Own by Paula McLain
4. Taming The Alpha by Savannah Stuart
5. Once Upon A Tiger by Kat Simons
6. The Tin Rose by Anne Renwick
7. Dark Arsenal by Cynthia Sax
8. Lyric's Accidental Mate by Elle Boon
9. Dazed (Lovers & Fighters #1) by Emily Swan
10. Constellations by Bree M. Lewandowski
11. Emma by Jane Austen
12. Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry
13. The Spies That Bind by Ally Carter
14. Who Does He Think He's Fooling? by Laurie Baxter
15. The Lola Cruz Christmas Story by Melissa Bourbon Ramirez
(review to come)
16. Light Parade by Shelley Coriell
(review to come)
17. Head Over Heels by Evie Snow

I visited six new to me Little Free Libraries
during the month of March, 
which was a lot of fun! And, of course, I blogged
about my Little Free Library adventures. 

I found four of my wishlist books
at Little Free Libraries I visited this year.
How cool is that? I just love Little Free Libraries.

As a side note, my other major hobby is knitting...
I was able knit my first ever
triangle shawl during the month of March while listening
to audiobooks. The joys of multitasking!! Or at least,
the joys of partaking in my two favorite hobbies 
at the same time.






So how is your year of reading going for you?
Are you meeting your reading goals?
Which books have met or exceeded your expectations?
What bookish related things have tickled your fancy?
(magnetic bookmarks have become a favorite thing for me.)
Have you attended any fun literary events or author signings
this year?
Share with me in the comment section below.
Happy reading!

4 comments:

  1. That shawl is beautiful! I could never get the hang of knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment on my knitting! I love knitting.

      Delete
  2. Good reading report! So great that you found those wish list books at the Little Free Libraries. Many of my friends knit. I never got the hang of it. Your shawl is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried to be a bit more detailed in this post about what I've read so far this year. And thank you for the compliment regarding my triangle shawl.

      Delete