Thursday, March 14, 2019

Great News!! Los Angeles County Library Named National Award Finalist!

I learned through LA's NBC news station that Los Angeles County Library Named National Award Finalist

I learned the following information from reading the online article:
The Los Angeles County Library was named a finalist Monday for the 2019 National Medal for Museum and Library Service.
Thirty museums and libraries from across the country made the list of finalists announced by the Institute of Museum and Library Services. It's the second year in a row LA County Library has been named a finalist.
Finalists are chosen for their noteworthy and innovative contributions to their local communities, according to the IMLS.
"The 30 National Medal finalists showcase the tremendous ability of libraries and museums to serve as vital community resources," IMLS Director Kathryn Matthew said. "The Institute of Museum and Library Services is honored to recognize these leading institutions.

4 comments:

  1. Exciting! The Los Angeles Public Library is part of this system and has a branch just minutes from my house, so is now my top library of choice. I can request books from anywhere in the system to be sent to my branch for me to pick up. They have everything I want. If not for libraries, I would be broke and would not have enough room for all the books I want to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very exciting news indeed! Libraries are wonderful!

      Delete