Saturday, March 23, 2019

Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry



I enjoyed listening to the unabridged audio version of Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry and narrated by Jayne EntwistleListening time for Wishes & Wellingtons is 9 hours, 29 minutes.

As an Audible member, I was able to download Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry to my Kindle for FREE earlier this month. Below is my honest, unbiased review for Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry.

Wishes & Wellingtons is a wonderful read!! I really enjoyed it immensely. Wishes & Wellingtons is a middle grade fantasy genre novel with a strong female leading character in Maeve Merritt. Maeve is a feisty, smart, headstrong young lady that does not believe in submitting to bullies. Maeve is also not a stranger to adventures and getting into mischief. 

I loved Maeve's character and the story of her discovering a djinni. I enjoyed learning more about the djinni's backstory and his saucy personality, along with the wishes Maeve requests from the djinni, her friendships, and the adventures Maeve and her friends encounter throughout Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry.

Jayne Entwistle is also an excellent narrator! I look forward to discovering other books she's narrated.

The following is a plot summary of Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry from Audible:
From award-winning author Julie Berry comes a brand new middle-grade fantasy adventure full of humor and heart, exclusively from Audible.

Maeve Merritt chafes at the rigid rules at her London boarding school for “Upright Young Ladies.” When punishment forces her to sort through the trash, she finds a sardine tin that houses a foul-tempered djinni with no intention of submitting to a schoolgirl as his master.

Soon an orphan boy from the charitable home next door, a mysterious tall man in ginger whiskers, a disgruntled school worker, and a take-no-prisoners business tycoon are in hot pursuit of Maeve and her magical discovery. It’ll take all of her quick thinking and sass to set matters right. Maeve Merritt is one feisty heroine you won’t soon forget.
Julie Berry lives near Los Angeles with her family. The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place is an Odyssey Honor Audiobook, and The Passion of Dolssa is a Printz Honor Title.
I highly recommend Wishes & Wellingtons by Julie Berry. I am giving it a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delightful! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to get into audio books some years ago but found them difficult - I concluded that I am highly visual - would be good for plane rides. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an audiobook addict!! The narrator and audio quality have to be good though for me to want to listen to it though. I find myself eating meals while listening to an audiobook or partaking in my other favorite hobby, knitting, while listening to an audiobook.

      Delete