Monday, April 1, 2019

Happy National Poetry Month!!



Have fun reading poetry this month!! Perhaps you'll even have 
fun writing some poetry this month too.


I wrote a Piku Poem in 2011 and dedicated it to my husband.
So read my Piku Poem below!

Quickly sleep
comes,
I dream of you
Now
Kissing me softly,
Lovingly on the side of my neck,
I blush,
awaken with desire
for a kiss from you,
Now, forever

***

So, what is Piku? Well, it's a poem like a haiku.. instead of the 5-7-5 format of haiku, Piku uses pi as its base. The number of syllables in each line of the poem corresponds to the numbers in pi. In other words, as pi is 3.141592653..., the first line of the Piku contains three syllables, the second line contains one syllable, the third line contains four syllables, and so on.

***

So, will you take the piku poem challenge?
If so, share your poem with me in the comments
section below.

2 comments: