Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Free Little Libraries I've Visited!



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I absolutely LOVE visiting Little Free Libraries! I try to visit as many new to me Little Free Libraries as I can and enjoy finding new ones while on day trips and mini vacations. I've been visiting Little Free Libraries since I first learned about them in 2012 and have blogged about each new one I've discovered here on my book blog. 

In October 2018, Todd Bol, the founder of Little Free Library, passed away due to complications of pancreatic cancer. I am so thankful and grateful that he started Little Free Library as it is a wonderful way to help encourage reading, literacy, and a love for books. So, I thought it would be a fitting tribute to highlight a few of my favorite Little Free Library finds... And it will be very difficult for me to narrow down my choices as I've had the honor of visiting so many of them over the past few years.

1. Little Free Library in Carpinteria, California - Carpinteria has a special place in my heart as my husband and I lived there for 16 years. It was wonderful to discover this Little Free Library in the small town we use to live in. I like the colorful exterior of this Little Free Library.


2. Little Free Library in San Ramon, California - Love the blue paint on this Little Free Library!! It was all decked out for Halloween when I visited it in October.


3. Little Free Library in Lafayette, California - This Little Free Library is located at the entrance of the Lafayette Community Garden and has limited days of the week when you can visit it. But it is worth the visit as it is fun to see the community vegetable garden and the chicken coop.


4. Little Free Library in Walnut Creek, California - This Little Free Library is located at The Gardens in Heather Farm, which is a 6 acre garden free to the public to visit. You'll find the Little Free Library next to the children's garden. Gotta love the tree that has been yarn bombed with neon pink yarn in the back ground!


5. Little Free Library in Pleasanton, California - I love how this Little Free Library is decorated. The garden motif is lovely.


6. Little Free Library in Santa Barbara, California - I found this one accidentally while out geocaching with my husband. I love how this Little Free Library is shaped to look like the building it sits next to... It's located on a side street near lower State Street. It was frequently muggled though.


7. Little Free Library in Solana Beach, California - This one always seems to have the best books in stock to choose from!


8. Little Free Library in Santa Cruz, California - I found this one by accident! My hubby and I were on vacation in Santa Cruz earlier this year. This Little Free Library is located in front of a house that is next to the parking lot for Cat & Cloud Coffee Company on Portola Drive. Leave a book, take a book, and then enjoy reading your newly found book at a local coffeehouse!


9. Little Free Library in Sherman Oaks, California - Loved the benches you can sit on while scoping out the books inside this Little Free Library.



10. Little Free Library in Alameda, California - This Little Free Library was painted by a child. It's fun to see the creativity of a youngster in the form of artwork on the exterior of a Little Free Library. I'm also reminded of how my love for reading began as a child when my mother use to read to me as a toddler. The love of reading is definitely worth cultivating at an early age.


I hope you enjoyed viewing some of my favorite Little Free Libraries! Do you frequently visit Little Free Libraries?

26 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! I've only encountered a few in my area, though I remember passing at least two when I was roadtripping earlier this year but wasn't able to stop.

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I very much enjoyed viewing those. What good books you found too. And one, Sherman Oaks, is in my city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I had never heard of Little Free Libraries until now! They all look so pretty ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my god, this is so cool. I never thought of doing something like this. We have ton in my area. ~ Mae from Worm's Review

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Little Free Libraries. I try to add something as often as possible! Great choice for your TTT.

    Here is my TTT: https://ichleseblog.wordpress.com/2018/12/11/top-ten-tuesday-freebie/

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! I love the idea of Little Free Libraries, but haven't visited any yet.

    Hallie @ Book by Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love discovering Free Little Libraries as well! I have only found a few outside of my own community. It is such a fantastic thing. Thanks for sharing these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for TTT. I love free little libraries too. We have many in the town I live in. I am still finding new ones. My favorite is one that had buttons glued all over it. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is such a cool list--excuse me as I go look up little free libraries in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun! I've never even thought of using a little free library. I'll have to look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is cool! We have a few things like this near me. People have turned the disused old red telephone boxes into free libraries. I love how you get a random assortment of books and genres because all who use it contribute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What the heck those are so cute! I'm a librarian at a public library and I love the idea of people in the community taking it upon themselves to provide books to their neighborhood. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea for a Top Ten list! I love all these Little Free Libraries you have visited!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing Little Free Libraries- that is so cool! Love the wooden one in Lafayette- and the one in Santa Barbara is neat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these! Unfortunately in Rhode Island I haven't seen too many of these. Maybe should I start one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cool. I had never heard of them before reading your post but I just looked and there are a couple near my office that I'll have to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We definitely need some of these in our city. A fantastic idea Cheers from Carole's Chatter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun list! Looks like some great Little Free Libraries.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is one of the coolest things ever! While I've never personally got to see or use one, I still keep hope that maybe one day it will happen!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sad these aren't really a thing in the UK, or at least not widespread. I wish I could have one on my drive one day. But, ideally, I'd own a bookshop.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How fun! I love how they're all so unique! I think there is one in my neighborhood, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cool post idea! We don't have many of these in my area and the ones we do have are usually mostly empty or only stocked with very old magazines, sadly!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is amazing! I've myself never found any Little Free Library to. Looks so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is so cute. I have seem variation of this, usually at boat marinas and hotels.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love this idea! I think there are a few scattered about in the UK but they're more local community things than a wider reaching project. But I could be wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are so cute and I don't think I've ever come across one in the wild. I'd love to contribute to one and see what they have to offer!

    ReplyDelete