Monday, January 21, 2013

Little Free Library in Santa Barbara, California!

I accidentally stumbled upon a Little Free Library in downtown Santa Barbara this past weekend with my husband that I never knew existed until this past Sunday!

My hubby & I enjoyed eating breakfast in downtown Santa Barbara this past Sunday morning. Afterward, we decided to go Geocaching as this is one of our favorite hobbies we enjoy doing together.
 
While attempting to find a parking spot near one of the Geocaches we were seeking, we stumbled upon a Little Free Library quite by accident. I never knew that a Little Free Library even existed in Santa Barbara and believe me, I've visited the Little Free Library website on several occasions and never saw an address for a Little Free Library in Santa Barbara before.


Little Free Library!!
Needless to say I was surprised to find a Little Free Library purely at random. This Little Free Library still isn't even registered on the Little Free Library website. It must be really new or the folks who built and maintain this Little Free Library haven't registered it on the Little Free Library website.

I love how this particular Little Free Library was made to look like the building it is located next to. :-)

UPDATE: I discovered that this Little Free Library is located outside the doors of Horny Toad, Inc. They make apparel! Here's a link to their blog post discussing the above Little Free Library: http://www.hornytoad.com/blog/2013/01/17/little-free-library/

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it is fun finding a Little Free Library. It's a great way to share books with other people in your community!

      Delete
  2. I wish we could have these around where I live. However seeing how people in my area think that everything is just for them, they'd destroy it and vandalise it in a minute... pity because these would look great dotted around Logan City :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that the people in your area would destroy or vandalize an LFL in a heart beat! I'd love to have one set up outside my home, but the condominium complex won't allow for one to be outside my home.

      Delete
  3. I love the idea of a free library. Not sure if people would steal from it here or not. I just hate when people destroy property and don't help with the overall sense of community.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of an LFL too. I am a member of Bookcrossing and would love to combine my passion of reading and sharing books with others by having and LFL and also having this LFL be an Official Bookcrossing Zone at the same time!!

      Delete