Saturday, December 16, 2017

The Dirt Eaters by H. D. Timmons

The Dirt Eaters by H. D. Timmons is a short story approximately 15 pages in length, which I was able to download to my Kindle for FREE from Amazon.

Below is my honest, unbiased review of The Dirt Eaters by H. D. Timmons.

Even though The Dirt Eaters by H. D. Timmons is a very short read, I found it to be well written and was a good read with an unexpected ending.

I've heard that there are some women that eat/crave dirt when they are pregnant... But I didn't know there is a term for eating substances like dirt, etc. that have no nutritional value called Pica... Or that the term geophagia refers to the specific practice of eating dirt, chalk, or clay until reading The Dirt Eaters by H. D. Timmons. The topic of pica/geophagia does make for an interesting storyline.

The following is a plot summary for The Dirt Eaters by H. D. Timmons from Amazon:
Set in the 1960s of America's rural south, a young African American woman is forced to reckon with her cultural eating disorder of eating dirt.
I am giving The Dirt Eaters by H. D. Timmons a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment