Saturday, December 9, 2017

Two Flash Fiction Reads by Annaliese Lemmon

Every so often I enjoy reading flash fiction, especially when I don't have a lot of time to read because I am commuting, waiting around, etc.

I recently read two flash fiction reads by Annaliese Lemmon. I read Disability, Death, Or Other Circumstances and The Gift Of Tongues

I read the digital version of each of these flash fiction reads and was able to download them for FREE to my Kindle from Amazon. Below is my honest, unbiased read for each short read.




A 400 word work of flash fiction.
Too fast of a read for me.
I liked the premise of this story,
but would have loved to see it flushed
out a bit more.

Below is a blurb about Disability, Death,
Or Other Circumstance from Amazon:

Count your blessings, they say. Overcome trials with humor, they say. This Mormon housewife is trying, but having her husband transformed Kafka-esque into a giant rabbit is still hard to deal with.



This is a 600 word work of flash fiction.
Too fast of a read for me.
I liked the premise of this story,
but would have loved to see it flushed
out a bit more.

Below is a blurb about The Gift Of Tongues
from Amazon:
Sister Morgan has a gift of tongues, but it is not helping her to learn Spanish on her mission. Then a bird flies to her window, offering to exchange her ability to speak with animals for a gift of her choosing, including the ability to know Spanish. Sister Morgan doesn’t believe that exchange is worth it, but what would be?


I am giving Disability, Death, Or Other Circumstances by Annaliese Lemmon a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars. I am also giving The Gift Of Tongues by Annaliese Lemmon a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment