Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday -- Top Ten Books I Hope Santa Brings



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

1. Human Acts by Han Kang
2. Furry Logic: The Physics of Animal Life by Matin Durrani
3. Allie and Bea by Catherine Ryan Hyde Received for Christmas
4. His Bloody Project: Documents Relating to the Case of Roderick Macrae by Graeme MaCrae Burne
5. Eileen by Ottessa Moshfegh
6. The Nakano Thrift Shop by Hiromi Kawakami
7. The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald
8. Lives of the Monster Dogs by Kirsten Bakis
9. Enchanted Islands by Alison Amend
10. The Wisdom of Sundays by Oprah Winfrey Received for Christmas.

Which books would you enjoy receiving during the holiday season this year?

28 comments:

  1. Ooh nice ones! Totally new to me reads but I hope Santa comes through for you!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Wouldn't it be great to get 10 books in one day? I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, receiving 10 or more books for Christmas would be awesome!!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of any of these, but I hope you get them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend last year for book club. Good book. Hope your wish list is fulfilled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another one of my friends also read The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend for a book club and she recommended it to me.

      Delete
  5. I've heard Human Acts is a good read; and I loved The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend! Hope you get all ten for Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  6. Hopefully Santa is reading this list! Oprah's newest sounds perfect for many. I feel like there is a podcast that is similar or based off that book? I've haven't spent time to figure out how to get podcasts on my phone yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is based on Oprah's Super Soul Sunday show.

      Happy holidays!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  7. All of these titles are new to me, but I hope Santa brings them all to you (or at least the gift cards/cash to buy them yourself!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  8. I listened to the audio of the Oprah Winfrey book and it was wonderful. Honestly I didn’t care about Broken Wheel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  9. I love your lists, they're always so diverse. They usually send me off to look one or two up! In this case I'm curious about Furry Logic, and The Readers of Broken Wheel I've heard good things about.

    Hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of any of the books on your list, but I hope you'll get them all! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  11. Haven't heard of The Wisdom of Sundays by Oprah Winfrey and I love Oprah! She inspires me to be a better person. Love her! :)

    I hope you get all of them and LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Oprah too!! She's so inspiring. :-)

      Happy holidays!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  12. These are all new to me but I hope you get every one!

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy holidays!! Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  13. The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend is really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  14. This is a great list! I have only read one on your list: The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend. I enjoyed that one quite a bit. Your other titles are new to me, but I couldn't help but look them up. They all sound so good! I hope you got a few, if not all under your tree this year!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read any of the books on your list but I hope you got all of them and more this Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete