Sunday, December 31, 2017

Reading Goals For 2018!!


I have so many unread books, it's not even funny... I have unread hardbacks, paperbacks, ebooks, and audiobooks!! Let's just say that I've lost track of how many unread books I currently have in my personal collection. 

I've tried setting book buying goals in previous years, where I try to convince myself not to purchase any more new books in a given calendar until I drastically reduce the amount of books I already have... Or skip on downloading anymore freebies from Amazon. But neither of those scenarios has worked out so well as I have a difficult time passing up books whether they're free or not! 

So, I'll simply try to set some basic reading goals for 2018. I won't select specify book titles to read during 2018 as I am very prone to change my mind based on whatever I'm interested in reading at that given moment in time. Instead, I will focus on selecting books that fall into the following four categories:

1. Read 24 physical books (not ebooks) that I purchased prior to May 2014.
2. Read 12 books that I've received for FREE through Goodreads or from another source (InKitt, author, publisher, etc.).
3. Read 12 physical books that fall into the cozy mystery genre.
4. Read 12 books that were obtained after May 2014 that do not fall into the cozy mystery genre category.

Total = 60 Books For My Above Goals. If I read any additional books after I reach my 2018 reading goals... That would simply be icing on the cake!

So, what are your 2018 reading goals? Happy reading whatever your goals may be!

4 comments:

  1. I really need to work on actually having specific goals like you! Mostly, I just set a Goodreads goal (100 books again this year) and that's that. I think I want to make a blogging journal though and list out (on paper) what books I want to read this year specifically because there are so many that I've been dying to read but they get lost in my gigantic TBR pile. Hopefully that'll work out for me this year! Best of luck on your goals!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on your reading goals for 2018 as well! I too set the number of books I want to read on Goodreads. I have so many books I want to read as well. BUT I find that if I write down which books I specifically want to read, then I end up changing my mind a long the way. I tend to find myself wanting to read newer books I've acquired in the past couple of years verses older books sitting in my collection that are 3+ years old... So, this year I want to read at least 24 books that I've had in my collection for 3+ years old or longer.

      Delete
  2. The new year is good for setting goals and looking back on how one did with last year's goals. I don't feel so bad about all the unread books I own, because they are riches for me. What if I had bought that many pairs of shoes? Ha ha. Even larger are the lists I make each year of new books I want to read. So one of my goals is to read a book from each of my last twelve years of lists, one a month. We will see how we did this time next year. Good luck with your goals. They can be riches too!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep adding more and more books to my ever growing reading wishlist too... Not only do I hope to read all of the books in my massive 'to be read pile', I hope I can also read books from my reading wishlist.

      I hope you reach your reading goal of reading a book from each of your last twelve years of lists! Wouldn't that be fabulous?!

      Happy 2018 to you!

      Delete