Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
It was really difficult selecting which books were my favorites for 2016 as I read so many books that fell into the 4/5 star category! I have chosen 5 fiction and 5 nonfiction books as follows in no particular order of importance. The links take you to my written review of each book.
1. The Assassination of the Archduke: Sarajevo 1914 and the Romance That Changed the World by Sue Woolmans and Greg King
2. This Common Secret: My Journey as an Abortion Doctor by Susan Wicklund
3. Stoned: Jewelry, Obsession, and How Desire Shapes the World by Aja Raden
4. My Life On The Road by Gloria Steinem
5. Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
6. The Dispatcher by John Scalzi
7. I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai
8. Flight by Alexie Sherman
9. Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim
10. The Good Traitor by Ryan Quinn
Which books were your favorite ones read for 2016?