Monday, May 4, 2015

Do You Read Or Listen to Audiobooks While You're Sick??

Okay, maybe that's an odd question to ask of readers, but it's a curious question that has come up none the less! 

I am currently at the tail end of a cold. In fact, it's the first cold I've had in a very long time. I found myself not blogging for eleven days straight due to not feeling my best. And reading a book while I've been sick has been sporadic at best, especially when I was at the height of feeling my worst. 

When I'm sick with a cold or flu, I find myself really, really tired and trying to deal with the symptoms of a cold or flu the best I can. So, I find that trying to read or listen to an audiobook doesn't come easily for me during this time as I usually find it difficult to focus on the material at hand. However, with that said, I did manage to ever so slowly, read Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers when I could find the energy to do so.

How about you? Do you read and/or listen to audiobooks when your sick with a cold or flu?

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I have found that when I'm sick, I typically don't like to read at all. I think it requires too much mental energy or something ... even if it's a "fun" read. I tend to prefer watching TV or movies if I'm sick. I never thought about if others felt the same, so it's definitely an interesting question. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the well wishes!! At least I'm beginning to feel better. Yes, I find that reading while I'm sick sick takes a lot of energy. And listening to audiobooks put me to sleep, lol! Watching television and listening music was a whole lot easier.

      Delete
  2. I hope you feel better! I actually read tons more when I'm sick. The last time I was sick I was bedridden for 2 days and I finished 5 books. I literally read every waking moment (except for the last half day I was watching movies). It's one of the only things I can do when I'm sick (except somehow I never get the reviews done too...).

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to be able to read tons of books while I am sick!! I'd love to be able to read 5 books in 2 days!!

      Delete