Monday, May 18, 2015

Alexander Book Company in San Francisco, California

Me posing outside the Alexander Book Company!
Last weekend, I was beyond thrilled about visiting an independent bookstore in downtown San Francisco called the Alexander Book Company with my husband!! I love independent bookstores and the Alexander Book Company is a three story bookstore located within walking distance from the Montgomery BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) Station. This makes visiting The Alexander Book Company a perfect place to visit when you want to be car free in San Francisco and not have to do a lot of walking.

My husband & I initially meant to ride BART into San Francisco on May 2nd and visit the Alexander Book Company for California Independent Bookstore Day, but I was sick with a cold. So, we had to postpone our visit until Saturday, May 16th... It most definitely was worth the short delay in our visit to the Alexander Book Company!! 

The Alexander Book Company is an awesome bookstore that we plan to visit again soon. I love the layout of the Alexander Book Company, how the books are shelved and arranged, the entire decor of this bookstore and its uniqueness... There's an assortment of books for every interest and comfy places to sit and peruse books to your heart's content. There are also a large number of remaindered books and publisher returns for sale at good discounts too. The staff member we encountered during our visit was friendly and helpful, which is always a perk... I love good customer service no matter where I shop! 

The Alexander Book Company also offers a Frequent Buyer Program, which is an awesome way to save money on one's book buying addiction. According to the Alexander's Book Company website, the Frequent Buyer Program "works for every ten non-discounted books you purchase, you'll receive an award for 10% back of those last ten books you purchased." Pretty cool program, right?

The Alexander Book Company is a darn near perfect bookstore to visit. I only wish that the Alexander Book Company offered author events/book signings. Wouldn't that be awesome if they did?? 

Until my next post, happy reading!!

7 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! And what a good perk with the frequent buyer discount. I'd be there all the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm ready to go back there today!! This bookstore is awesome!!

      Delete
  2. How cool! It's so much fun visiting independent book stores! I hope to visit a couple during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indie bookstores are a blast!! I hope to visit another indie bookstore this weekend in San Francisco. If I do, I'll be writing another review of my experience.

      I hope you have a chance to visit a few indie bookstores this summer. You're in the LA area, right? Have you been to The Last Bookstore in downtown LA? Or Vroman's in Pasadena? I enjoyed visiting both bookstores.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I have visited The Last Bookstore a couple years back. I love the upstairs area with all the book art.

      I have yet to visit Vroman's. That's actually my goal for this summer. Another cool place that I am dying to visit that just opened is the Library Bar. Yup, a bar and books!

      Delete
    3. I've heard of the Library Bar and even blogged about it a couple of years ago, but can't find the link!! I wonder if the readers at the Library Bar ever spill food or beverages on the books??

      Delete