Monday, May 11, 2015

Bookish Survey --- Bout of Books 13.0 Challenge #1

Yes, the first Bout of Books 13.0 Read-A-Thon has begun!!
I am really excited to be participating in this read-a-thon 
and also participating in the 1st Read-A-Thon Challenge!!
for hosting the Bookish Survey!!

Below is the Bookish Survey Rules and the Questions along
with my Answers to each of the Questions!!
Enjoy & Happy Reading!!

Bookish Survey

Today’s challenge is very easy and a great way to meet people and get to know your fellow readers! All you need to do for this challenge is answer the questions below on your blog, Twitter, YouTube, or wherever you happen to be updating your read-a-thon progress! Then come back and link up your answers (or answer, I know Twitter will be tricky with this so you can just link up one tweet here). It would be great if you visited other’s challenge answers and chatted with them, since part of this whole thing is creating a reading community, but it isn’t required.

The Questions: 

1. How do you organize your shelves?

Sadly, my books are not currently organized in any way, shape, or form at the moment. Most of my books are still in boxes from when we moved a year ago. The rest of them, with the exception of thirteen books, are stacked willy nilly around our spare bedroom. The remaining thirteen books are stacked on a side table waiting to be read by me.

2. What is one of your favorite books that’s not in one of your favorite genres?

I am not a huge horror genre fan. However, earlier this year I read a short story titled Peeler by Gord Rollo that was pretty creepy and horrific... It's a psychological thriller that made my stomach churn!! I am not sure that Peeler is my favorite horror read, but it definitely grabbed and kept my attention.

3. What is the last 5 star book you read?

I don't give out 5 star reviews very often!! Rain Gods by James Lee Burke comes the closest to a recent 5 star review.

Basically, I read a wide variety of books from most genres!

4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?

I'm most excited about reading Innocent In Death by J. D. Robb during the read-a-thon.

5. What book do you recommend the most?

Oooo, that's a difficult question to answer as I recommend a lot of  books!! For fiction, I loved The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein and have recommended it to others. For nonfiction, I really enjoyed reading Mind Over Medicine by Lissa Rankin MD.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

8 comments:

  1. The Art of Racing in the Rain was SO GOOD. Oh al the tears . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know!! I cried so many times while reading this novel... How could you not???

      Delete
  2. I'm a horror fan, but don't read it near as often as I used to. Horror is what really got me into reading as a kid, actually. I will have to hunt down Peeler and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should you read Peeler, let me know what you think of it!! Happy reading!!

      Delete
  3. I still haven't read "The Art of Racing in the Rain"...perhaps I should remedy this! Fun post and good luck with the rest of the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy reading to you and have fun with the rest of the read-a-thon!

      The Art of Racing in the Rain is fabulous, but it does make you cry in parts.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my post! I see you're a fan of J.D. Robb. Do you like Nora Roberts' romance novels as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say as I remember reading any romance books by Nora Roberts, but have meant to do so. Any suggestions??

      Delete