Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday --- Ten Authors I REALLY Want To Meet


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


This is an easy topic for me this week, as my Top Ten Tuesday post for Tuesday, January 20, 2015 addressed this topic!!

1. Lissa Rankin MD --- I read Lissa Rankin's nonfiction book Mind Over Medicine and loved this book! I follow her on Facebook and am inspired by her passion for what she does. I would so love to meet Dr. Rankin in person at a speaking engagement or lecture she is giving.

2. Margaret Atwood --- I'm a longtime fan of Atwood's works. She's a fabulous writer and I would love to meet this amazing woman in person some day!

3. Diana Gabaldon --- I first discovered Gabaldon's novels from my maternal grandmother, who is also an Outlander Fan. I've read several of her novels and have even listened to podcasts she's done. It would be fun to meet her in person.

4. Jerry Spinelli --- Okay, I was first introduced to Jerry Spinelli's novels by a former college professor... I read Stargirl and was instantly hooked on Jerry Spinelli's writing and have read several more books since then.

5. Geraldine Brooks --- I've also been a longtime fan of Geraldine Brooks's novels. She's a fabulous writer and would love to meet this amazing writer in person some day!

6. Tamar Myers --- I've almost read the entire Den of Antiquity Mystery Series, so would love to meet the author behind this cozy mystery series. I find the novels in this series have quite a bit of humor in them, so one assumes the author is quite witty herself in real life as well...There are also some other questions I'd love to ask Ms. Myers regarding the Den of Antiquity Mystery Series!!

7. Amy Stewart *** --- I read both Wicked Plants and Wicked Bugs. I loved reading both of these nonfiction books!! They are filled with so many interesting facts about plants and bugs that I never knew before. Who knew that reading about plants and bugs could be so much fun?

8. Sherman Alexie --- I've only read The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Alexie, but it is really well written and gave me a whole new perspective on the Native American experience from the point of view of a teenage male.

9. Robin LaFevers --- I loved reading the His Fair Assassin trilogy!

10. Garth Stein *** --- The Art of Racing in the Rain became my favorite read for 2013. This novel is really well written and had me in tears while reading certain scenes. One of the leading characters is a dog... I love dogs, so this novel really touched my soul. My oldest dog, Roxy, past away last November and I'm once again reminded of The Art of Racing in the Rain. If you've read this novel, you'll know what I mean.

*** Exciting news, I actually was able to briefly meet Garth Stein at an author event/book signing event at a local, indie bookstore on Friday, March 6, 2015 at Town Center Books in Pleasanton, California!  Check out my blog post regarding this fun author/book signing event.

I was also able to briefly meet Amy Stewart at the Bay Area Book Festival on Sunday, June 7 2015!! Check out my review of time spend at the Bay Area Book Festival.

Which authors would you like to meet in person?

27 comments:

  1. Nice! Lots of new to me authors there! Though I did read Stargirl as well a million years ago! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain and will definitely be reading his other titles. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished The Art of Racing in the Rain and will definitely be reading his other titles. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I would LOVE to meet Diana Gabaldon. I know people who've met her and apparently she's really nice. Great list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! YES to Margaret Atwood!! Her books are so amazing and some of her interviews indicate she is a very interesting person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Telegraph has an interesting interview with Margaret Atwood. I'd love to meet Jerry Spinelli and Sherman Alexie. I love their works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome list! I would totally love to meet Sherman Alexie. I love Flight and The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. He actually did a lecture at my school but I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Outlander has been on my TBR for far too long and I really need to get to it. I'm also really intrigued by the His Fair Assassin trilogy so I may have to check that out next!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually just bought Robin LaFevers first book! I'm glad to see you liked it, I haven't heard much from it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list, all new authors for me. I'll have to look into some of their books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Robin LaFevers and Diana Gabaldon are the only two on here I know, but I'd LOVE to meet Robin! I loved Grave Mercy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margaret Atwood made my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Margaret Atwood and Diana Gabaldon are the only authors I recognize. They've definitely written some wonderful stories, love those two choices!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. After reading through your list I think I will look into my Stewart's Wicked Plants and Wicked Bugs, they sound interesting, and maybe it could be fun doing research for once :P
    -Lindea

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read anything by most of these, but I really like Robin LaFevers and Diana Gabaldon. I hope you get to meet some of these someday. Great list, and thanks for stopping by my TTT earlier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know of Margaret Atwood, Diana Gabaldon and Geraldine Brooks. The other authors are new to me but I´ll check them out. a very interesting list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post and author choices! I love The Art of Racing in the Rain. It was such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  18. An interesting lists with lots of unknown authors for me, great opportunity to check out some new ones.
    Thank you for stopping by my page earlier.

    Marianne from Let's Read

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how eclectic your list is, and also that a lot of the authors you picked haven't been on anyone else's list (that I've seen so far.) Several of them are familiar to me by reputation, but not yet read.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't recognize a lot of these authors, but they sound like they have written some interesting stories. I will have to check into them!
    Thanks again for stopping by.:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh Geraldine Brooks, can't believe I forgot her. Great addition! Thanks for stopping by at http://tinyurl.com/mdg6zx3!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'd be interested in striking up a conversation with Atwood as well! Well, maybe without her entourage of bodyguards by her side. This was the case last time she walked by me during a book fair haha.

    Cheers,
    Joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had the opportunity to hear Jerry Spinelli speak at a young authors' conference when I was in middle (?) school. Maniac Magee was one of my favorite books at the time, so it was a huge deal for me. I recently read Stargirl and really enjoyed it. Which of his books should I read next?

    ReplyDelete
  24. oooo Diana Gabaldon is a great one! awesome list thisi week!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I may take your list of authors and venture out of my own normal reading genre. I may find something I like!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well done on meeting two of those authors already. Good luck with the rest.

    Marianne from
    Let's Read

    ReplyDelete