Sunday, May 10, 2015

Novellas, Do You Read Them? Do You Enjoy Reading Them??

I enjoy reading novellas as they are usually fast, fun reads!! Novellas are also a great way to discover new (to me) authors or genres. In recent years, I've read more novellas that I can recollect. Some novellas were good, some were atrocious, and still others were somewhere in between.

Below is a short list of some of the novellas I've enjoyed reading and reviewing in recent years.

The Forty Fathom Bank by Les Galloway

The Diaries of Adam & Eve by Mark Twain
The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
Larger Than Life by Jodi Picoult
Appalachian Serenade by Sarah Loudin Thomas
Macaron Murders by Harper Lin
The Love Thief by Daisy Jerico
Press One For Yes by Falafel Jones
Midnight in Death by J. D. Robb
Laid Bare by Cathryn Fox
Ivan (Her Russian Protector #1) by Roxie Rivera
Sheriff in Her Stocking by Cheryl Gorman
Lustbound by Natasha Storm

I'm sure I have forgotten to list a few of my favorite novellas.

Which novellas have you enjoyed reading??

4 comments:

  1. I didn't like novellas until recently. I read the novellas from the bane chronicles, as well as the assassin's blade and i really enjoyed those! i agree with you though: novellas are really great for getting to know the author better and learning more about the characters! great post this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and leaving me a comment on my post. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  2. Novellas from a favourite series can be good for introducing new characters or showing an interesting background to a side character, as well as fun adventures while you wait for new books to come out in the series. I'm loving these hardback novellas from Kelley Armstrong about the Otherworld wolf pack-I can't get enough of the wolves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that novellas from series can be a great way to introduce new characters... Great point!! I don't think I've read anything by Kelley Armstrong, so will have to check out her Otherworld series. I love getting lost in a good book series or trilogy! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and happy reading!!

      Delete