Thursday, May 14, 2015

Bout of Books 13.0 Read-A-Thon Challenge ~~~ From Modern to Classic

Bout of Books

Welcome to four of the Bout of Books 13.0 Read-A-Thon! Today I look forward to participating in another fun read-a-thon challenge. Today's read-a-thon challenge is titled From Modern To Classic and is hosted by Ranty Runt of A Reader.

The rules for this challenge and how to enter are as follows:
THE CHALLENGE Share one book that you believe will be considered a classic in 100 years time. Simple? I do have a few caveats, the book must have been published in or after 2005 and you need to provide two reasons for why this book will be a classic. 
HOW TO ENTER You can enter this competition on any platform, including posts on your blog, on twitter, facebook, goodreads or in the comments of this blog post. Include a link to the entry in your comment. Also, make sure the post is public, so I can check out your awesome answers!
Below is my response for the From Modern to Classic read-a-thon challenge:

I've decided to be BOLD & DARING with my book selection for this read-a-thon challenge and nominate Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee. 

Yes, I realize that Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee will not be published until July of this year, but my prediction is that it will become an instant classic that people will be reading a 100 years from now.

Why do I feel this way? 

The first reason is that To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee is already a beloved American classic. I think people are going to want to continue reading this novel in the years to come. Readers will also want to read Harper Lee's second published novel to see what Scout is like as an adult. 

The second reason is that Harper Lee is an amazing writer, who has written about important political and societal topics that are still relevant today. For this reason I think that Go Set A Watchman will become a classic like To Kill A Mockingbird in 100 years.

What do your thoughts? Will Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee live up to the anticipated hype and become an instant classic or not?

6 comments:

  1. OOOH! I like how bold you have gone! Choosing a book that hasn't even been published yet! I hadn't considered that anyone would select a book before it was published - but here you are, exceeding expectations! Now that I have thought about this, I agree with you. I think many publishing records will be broken when Go Set is released - I know I have pre-ordered a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I am really looking forward to reading Go Set A Watchman when it is published later this year too.

      Delete
  2. I completely agree, I was going to have this as my choice , but went with On the Jellicoe road instead. I think even if the book is terrible (which I don't think it will be), there is such buzz surround the book, that it will automatically be a best selling book and people are going to want to read it. I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!! I'll have to read the Jellicoe Road at some point. Others have said this book is a good one.

      Delete
  3. I do think it has the potential to be a classic. I have really high expectations. I hope so much that it is as good as To Kill A Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have high expectations of this novel too. I'm hoping it is as good as To Kill A Mockingbird as well. I kind of think everyone does at this point. Time will only tell!

      Delete