Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
I love visiting used bookstores and buying used books because I don't like buying books at full price. I also like looking for out of print or rare books on occasion, so shopping at used bookstores is fun.
BUT there are things I admit that I don't like to find in used books. Here is my top ten list of things I don't like to find in used books:
1. Used books with weird smells inside of them (or smell like smoke, mold, musty, etc). A few weeks ago, I bought a book with a really bizarre/unidentifiable smell in it. How does one even get rid of weird book smells? Is it even possible to get rid of weird book smells?
2. Highlighted passages.
3. Writing of any kind on the pages by the previous reader/owner.
4. Bookplates inside used books with the previous owner's name on them.
5. Dog eared pages.
6. Mystery stains or stains of any kind really inside or on the cover of a book.
7. Missing dust jackets on hardback books.
8. Damaged book spines.
9. Torn pages.
10. Warped pages due to water damage.