Thursday, April 13, 2023

Throwback Thursday - Cozy Mystery Novels I enjoyed reading!


I enjoy a good cozy mystery novel every now and again. How about you? It's amazing how many cozy mystery novels I've read and reviewed here over the lifetime of my blog, Captivated Reader!! 

Below is a small sample of the cozy mystery novels I've enjoyed reading and reviewing since the start of 2012. Each title has been randomly selected and placed in no order of special importance. Click on the links below to read my review for each novel.

1. Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery #1) by Cricket McRae

2. Louisiana Longshot: A Miss Fortune Mystery (Volume 1) by Jana Deleon

3. A Killer Kebab by Susannah Hardy

4. Deadly Readings by Laura Bradford

5. Death at Wentwater Court (Daisy Dalrymple #1) by Carola Dunn

6. Mimi Gets A Clue by Jennifer J. Chow

7. Assault and Pepper by Leslie Budewitz

8. The St. Valentine's Day Cookie Massacre by Elisabeth Crabtree

9. Playing At Murder by Gillian Larkin

10. May Day by Jess Lourey

Have you read any of the above cozy mystery novels? Are there any cozy mystery series or novels you have really enjoyed reading over the years?

8 comments:

  1. I read quite a lot of cozy mysteries, but, interestingly, I haven't read any of these and I'm not really familiar with any of the authors but I will be checking them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. There are so many great cozy mystery series out there, that it is difficult to keep pace with each series and author sometimes.

      Delete
  2. So glad you enjoyed Assault & Pepper, my first Spice Shop mystery! #7, Between a Wok and a Dead Place, will be out this summer, with at least two more on the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

      Delete
  3. I love a good cozy but haven't read one in a bit. I did enjoy one of Leslie Budewitz's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment!!

      Delete
  4. I do enjoy a fun cozy mystery, I just don't read a lot of them. But I'm reading one of Jess Lourey's other books that's more of a psychological thriller and am totally loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I look forward to reading your review of Jess Lourey's book.

      Delete