Sunday, April 2, 2023

Dublin Pioneer Cemetery Visit + Surprising Little Free Library Find!!

 

On Friday, March 31st, my husband and I visited the Dublin Pioneer Cemetery in Dublin, California. The Dublin Pioneer Cemetery is a small, beautiful, old cemetery that contains several interred founding families for the city of Dublin. Quite a few of those interred here are from Ireland originally.


We found this large eucalyptus tree located in the back left portion of the Dublin Pioneer Cemetery. It has a little, green door attached to it with a little hidey-hole behind the door. What is this and why is it located in a cemetery? Whatever it is, it is certainly interesting. There was nothing inside the hidey-hole itself.


After walking through the Dublin Pioneer Cemetery, my husband spotted this very cute Little Free Library in the park next to the the Dublin Pioneer Cemetery. We couldn't resist taking a look at it.


Have you found any Little Free Libraries lately?

4 comments:

  1. I love cemeteries! They're so interesting and peaceful. I also love LFLs. I actually have one sitting in boxes in my hallway. My husband is making plans to redo our landscaping; once that project is done, we're putting up our LFL. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I also love cemeteries and occasionally visit cemeteries. I do love LFLs and have fun exchanging books at Little Free Libraries somewhat frequently. I'd love to have my own LFL, but we live in a condo complex and the HOA doesn't to set one up!

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty LFL. Like the painting decoration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the floral painting on this LFL definitely added a special zing/appeal to it.

      Delete