Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday - Titles with Animals In Them and/or Covers with Animals On Them


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Below are ten books I've read in the past ten years that have an 'animal' in the title.

1. The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis by Elizabeth Letts

2. Where the Lost Dogs Go: A Story of Love, Search, and the Power of Reunion by Susannah Charleson

3. The Book of Eels: Our Enduring Fascination with the Most Mysterious Creature in the Natural World by Patrik Svensson

4. The Soul of an Octopus: A Surprising Exploration into the Wonder of Consciousness by Sy Montgomery

5. H is for Hawk by Helen Macdonald

6. Magpie by Elizabeth Day

7. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell

8. Ravens In The Rain: A Noir Love Story by Christie Santo and
Jeff Santo

9. Wolf Hunt Trilogy by Jeff Strand

10. Turtles All the Way Down by John Green


Have you read any of the books I have shared in this post? Leave me a comment below!

22 comments:

  1. Ooh nice picks! It was a little harder for me to find titles with animals in them--although I did find a few--but I had better luck finding covers with animals on them!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one. I didn't participate this week because I did a TTT with animals before. It also has Island of the Blue Dolphins on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The animal theme does seem to be a repeat! Island of the Blue Dolphin is such a classic! The main character is based on a real person, In fact, her remains are buried at the mission in Santa Barbara, California.

      Delete
    2. Most themes come back eventually and I've been doing this for sooooo long. Yes, I know about that and I always thought it was a highly interesting story.

      Delete
  3. The only one of those I've actually read is "H is for Hawk" which I loved. Some of the others are of particular interest to me and I may get to them at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read H is For Hawk last year and loved it as well.

      Delete
  4. I read Island of the Blue Dolphins when I was a kid. Haven't read any of the others but I'm intrigued by the Jeff Strand trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Wolf Hunt Trilogy is fabulous! Jeff Strand is a funny writer!

      Delete
    2. He is! I love his books. :D

      Delete
  5. Soul of an Octopus was very good. I also really liked H is for Hawk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked both books! The Book of Eels is very similar to The Soul of the Octopus should you be so inclined to read it.

      Delete
  6. Island of the Blue Dolphins brings back so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, you did good. I have not read any of these and I featured animals on the cover for my post. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Island of the Blue Dolphins was a book I wanted to read as a kid but I never did sadly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's many books out there that I never read as a kid.... I kinda read a few of them over the years as an adult like Mary Poppins, Pippi Longstocking, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret and so on.

      Delete
  9. Love your choices, H is for Hawk has been on my tbr for a while. Happy reading! My TTT https://readwithstefani.com/books-with-animals/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found H id for Hawk to be rather fascinating. I hope you enjoy reading it.

      Delete
  10. Island of the Blue Dolphins was one of my childhood favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading it during my childhood too. Great classic novel!

      Delete