Thursday, March 23, 2017

Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery #1) by Cricket McRae

Cozy Mystery eBook
I enjoy reading cozy mystery novels, so I decided to read Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery #1) by Cricket McRae after reading about it on Amazon's website. 

I was able to download the ebook edition of Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery #1) by Cricket McRae to my Kindle for FREE from Amazon!

Below is my unbiased review of Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery #1) by Cricket McRae.

Cricket McRae is a new to me author. I liked the entire 'home crafting premise' of this cozy mystery novel. Cricket McRae's writing is really good. I enjoyed her writing a lot, plus the characters, plot, and storyline were all well developed and fun to read about. I was truly captivated from start to finish while reading Lye In Wait!

The only minor complaint I have regarding Lye In Wait is that some minor editing work needed to be done. Otherwise, Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery #1) by Cricket McRae is a good read.

The following is a plot summary for Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery #1) by Cricket McRae from Amazon:
Cocoa butter soap, check. Lemon lip balm, check. A dead body?
That's just what Sophie Mae Reynolds finds in her workroom: the corpse of Walter Hanover, the neighborhood handyman. He died from drinking lye, something she has in good supply. But the police don't suspect Sophie Mae, a thirty-something widow who makes and sells beauty products. Instead they call it a suicide. But why would a man with lottery cash and a loving fiancée kill himself?

No one can stop the impulsive Sophie Mae from answering this riddle, not her sensible best friend Meghan or Detective Ambrose, who incites annoyance as well as stomach flutters. Sophie Mae's nose leads her to a peppermint-scented trail of arson, bigamy, and a shocking family secret.
I am giving Lye in Wait (Home Crafting Mystery #1) by Cricket McRae a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment