Monday, April 3, 2023

Little Free Library in Danville, California!

 


Here's another Little Free Library my husband and I found on Friday, March 31, 2023 in Danville, California. This LFL contained many books for both children and adults. 

I left three books and came away with three nonfiction books (The Trial of Lizzie Borden by Cara Robertson, Dear America: Notes of an Undocumented Citizen by Jose Antonio Vargas, and Minor Feelings: An Asian American Reckoning by Cathy Park Hong) that I'm curious about and I look forward to reading all of them.

Also, when I leave books at Little Free Libraries, I've already registered them on the Bookcrossing website and attached a label to each book. I then make 'wild release' notes as to where I've left each book and what I've thought about them if I've read them. This way other Bookcrossers/avid readers can find the books and make journal entries for the book I've left behind. This way I can see what other readers think of the book and where it travels to next as long as the reader makes a journal entry for the book. 

Lucky for me, another local Bookcrosser grabbed the copy of The Last Train to London by Meg Waite Clayton I'd left behind at this Little Free Library. I can't wait to read what she thinks about the book once she has read it.

2 comments:

  1. Do a lot of readers leave comments on the Bookcrossing site from LFLs? I have not heard of that -- but it seems a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To answer your question, it's a mixed bag!! More specifically, I had high hopes that by leaving books I'd registered on Bookcrossing at LFLs, this would (hopefully) attract avid readers/book enthusiasts to visit the Bookcrossing website and become Bookcrossing members. Membership on Bookcrossing is FREE. After joining Bookcrossing, then make journal entries for the books, letting me know the book(s) had been found and what they thought of the once it had been read.... Or at the very least, the reader would make an anonymous journal entry for the book without joining Bookcrossing. BUT I don't frequently see all that many journal entries made by existing Bookcrossing members or perspective Bookcrossing members... Although I've had better luck recently with a local Bookcrosser who lives in my same city who has found 4 of my book releases at local LFLs in the past year. Roughly 10% of all books I've registered on Bookcrossing and left in public spaces have been have journaled.

      Delete