Thursday, April 27, 2023

Top Ten Children's Books I'd love to Have Read As A Child

There are many children's books I never read as a child that probably would have been well worth the read at the time. Below are ten children's books I'd still love to read even as an adult. Yes, I realize that I kind of cheated in adding two box set collections.

1. The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett

2. The Wind and the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

3. The Trumpet of the Swan by E. B. White

4. Blubber by Judy Blume

5. Chronicles of Narnia Box Set by C. S. Lewis

6. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster

7. The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum

8. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell

9. The Little House Collection Box Set by Laura Ingalls Wilder

10. National Velvet by Enid Bagnold

Have you read any of the above books?

9 comments:

  1. Interesting. I don't think I've actually read any of these, but they are so familiar because I've seen film adaptations of many of them that I almost feel as though I've read them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so many of them have film adaptations. Maybe this is why I never read any of them during childhood.

      Delete
  2. I'm a fan of both the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and the Oz books...though it's the later Oz books I love most...especially Ozma of Oz and Tik-Tok of Oz. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and the Oz books. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about each series.

      Delete
  3. I have read 1, 5, 6, 7, and 9. I would have wished I'd read the Laura Ingalls Wilder earlier though I still thoroughly enjoyed them. The others, I think I felt a tad too old at the time. So, maybe I should have read them earlier, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good list. I've read several. Black Beauty is one I still recall and The Secret Garden. I think you'll like them.

    ReplyDelete