Thursday, April 20, 2023

Throw Back Thursday - Children's Books I Read As An Adult For the First Time


There's so many books I didn't read during my childhood that I would have enjoyed reading back in the day. In fact, there are still many children's books I'd love to read that I never read when I was youngster! I should probably make a list of those books I'd still like to read as an adult.

In the meantime, here's 12 novels I read as an adult and enjoyed reading from the children's genre.

1. Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume

2. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

3. Mary Poppins by P. L. Travers

4. Starring Sally J. Freedman As Herself by Judy Blume

5. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by Ian Fleming

6. The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupery

7. The Witches by Roald Dahl

8. War Horse by Michael Morpurgo

9. Hatchet by Gary Paulsen

10. Nosebleed by Ged Maybury

11. The Giver by Lois Lowry

12. Anne of Green Gable by L. M. Montgomery

Have you read any of the above books?
 

4 comments:

  1. Sadly, I cannot say I have read any of the books on your list. I do, however, remember an excellent PBS adaptation of "Anne of Green Gables" that I watched with my kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to read the rest of the 'Anne of Green Gables' series.

      Delete
  2. I've read #s1, 2, 6, 9 and 11...Hatchet as a kid, but the rest as an adult. :D

    ReplyDelete