Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 End of the Year Reading Wrap Up Post!!!

2014 has been a wonderful year in both reading and blogging for me!! 

Today marks the end of my third year of book blogging. I have had much happiness and joy from reading books and reviewing books here on my book blog... Sharing my reviews of indie bookstores I've visited, sharing interesting book quotes I've discovered along the way... As well as participating in weekly book memes, read-a-thons, and sharing book related news and other fun book related ideas with other like minded readers like you!! I've really enjoyed interacting with other readers and book bloggers. Additionally, I've also enjoyed reading and responding to comments left on my blog posts by the online community at large and am also grateful for those of you who've decided to follow my blog. So, I'm giving a big heartfelt thank you to all of you that have helped me make my book blog a success!!

Here are some highlights of 2014 are as follows:

* 2014 is the year I've made the most blog posts thus far. 
* I've also listened to more audiobooks this year than in previous years... In fact, I listened to a total of 48 audiobooks just in case you were wondering! 
* I've also read a total of 52 books in 2014!! 
* The total number of books read and/or listened in 2014 comes to he grand total of 100 books.

I participated in following fun filled book related events in 2014:

Best of 2013 Audiobook Blog Hop
2014 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon

The following are some of my favorite posts I wrote about on my book blog for 2014:

Tips on How to Keep Your Paperbacks in Good Condition!!

Classic Reactions Book-Lovers Have to People Who Don't Read
15 Teen Feminist Books to Read!
Quirky Conundrums Book Lovers Understand
Read Books About Banned & Dangerous Books
25 Websites For Literature Lovers
Happy Wedding Anniversary to Us!!

I've read a total of 100 books this year. Which one is my favorite read for 2014?? Wow, that's a difficult question to answer as I enjoyed reading several books in 2014.

Here are the audiobooks I enjoyed listening to the most in 2014:

1. The Soloist by Steve Lopez
2. The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
3. The Selkie Spell by Sophie Moss
4. Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz
5. Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert.
6. Steinbeck's Ghost by Lewis Buzbee
7. Oh Whistle and I'll Come to You, My Lad by M. R. James
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
9. Scent of a Mate by Milly Taiden
10. The Pluto Files by Neil deGrasse Tyson


The following is a short list of my favorite books read during 2014:

1. Loser by Jerry Spinelli
2. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
3. Larger Than Life by Jodi Picoult
4. Swan Song by Lee Hanson
5. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
6. Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
7. Pure Sex by Lucinda Betts, Bonnie Edwards, & Sasha White
8. The Love Thief by Daisy Jerico
9. Macaron Murder by Harper Lin
10. Press One For Yes by Falafel Jones
11. Firegirl by Tony Abbott

So, how was your year in reading?? I hope you had an awesome year in terms of reading. Please share some of your reading highlights with me!!

4 comments:

  1. Look at you with all of your wonderful reads! I hope next year will be just as fun!

    I wish you a very Happy New Year! Cheers to 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy New Year to you this year as well and I look forward to reading your blog posts in 2015!!

      Delete
  2. Great post. I LOVED Speak. I read it a few years ago, but plan on rereading it this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment!! Speak was indeed a wonderful read. Enjoy reading it again this year. Happy New Year to you!

      Delete