Friday, May 16, 2014

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

I recently listened to the unabridged audio version of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and read by Kate Rudd. 

Wow, what a beautifully written novel!! I'd read several glowing reviews from other book bloggers about their views on The Fault in Our Stars, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to listen to the unabridged download from Audible.com. 

I'm glad that I did listen to The Fault in Our Stars. It is my first experience with anything written by author John Green and his writing is awesome. Mr. Green really captures the teenage soul. The characters are well developed, so is the storyline and I enjoyed the unexpected turns of events in parts. I also felt that The Fault in Our Stars is well read by Kate Rudd. My favorite characters in The Fault in Our Stars are Hazel and Augustus Waters and their relationship.

My only complaint about this novel is how sad it is in parts... I found myself crying during several scenes in this novel beginning in chapter 13 onward due to the nature of cancer/illness as presented in this novel. I don't want to add anymore information than that as I want to avoid spoilers for those who have yet to read The Fault in Our Stars. Don't let the sad scenes/storyline scare you off from reading this book as it is an amazingly well told story and a worthwhile read.

The following is a plot summary of The Fault of Our Stars from Audible:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel’s story is about to be completely rewritten. 
Insightful, bold, irreverent, and raw, The Fault in Our Stars is award-winning-author John Green’s most ambitious and heartbreaking work yet, brilliantly exploring the funny, thrilling, and tragic business of being alive and in love.

I'm giving The Fault in Our Stars a rating of 8.5 stars out of 10 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment