Sunday, December 28, 2014

Logos Books & Records in Santa Cruz, California!

Logos Books & Records Storefront
As many of you may already know, I enjoy visiting indie bookstores! This past weekend, my hubby and I visited an indie bookstore in Santa Cruz, California called Logos Books & Records. 

Logos Books & Records has been in business since 1969 and they buy and sell used, collectible and rare books and music. Logos is a pretty large place as it is a 2 story bookstore.

The ambiance at Logos Books & Records is pretty cool and laid back. I liked the layout of the storefront itself. They had a nice selection of books, records, and compact discs. Additionally, Logos Books & Records has good prices on the items they sell. I walked away with a new copy of Stitch N' Bitch by Debbie Stoller for six dollars.

Overall, my experience was a good one at Logos Books and Records... However, my one and only personal experience with an employee at Logos Books & Records occurred at the time I made my purchase. Let's just say that I was less than impressed with the friendliness and customer service of the sales associate who helped me during checkout. 

Good customer service and a positive experience with friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful sales staff makes a huge difference to shoppers in the retail setting. Retailers should keep this in mind when hiring and training sales staff. It makes all the difference in the world.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man...that's too bad about the customer service. I hope that has been improved by now because this store looks amazing to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a really cool bookstore despite the less than stellar customer service I experienced during my first visit.

      Delete