Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014 Audiobook Challenge Wrap Up Post!!

First off, I'd like to thank The Book Nympho & Hot Listens for hosting the 2014 Audiobook Challenge. I had a blast participating in this challenge as I've seriously become addicted to listening to audiobooks in the past few years. This year I came across some really awesome audiobooks and even discovered some new to me authors in the process!! What more could I ask for?

I listened to 48 audiobooks this year, which far exceeded my expectations as to how many I'd actually listen to in 2014. So, needless to say, I reached the "My Precious" level!!

So, which audiobooks made my top ten list of favorite listens in 2014?? That's a difficult question to answer as I enjoyed listening to so many audiobooks this year. Somehow I managed to narrow down my list favorite audiobooks for 2014 in no specific order as follows:

1. The Soloist by Steve Lopez
2. The Professor and the Madman by Simon Winchester
3. The Selkie Spell by Sophie Moss
4. Falling Awake by Jayne Ann Krentz
5. Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage by Elizabeth Gilbert.
6. Steinbeck's Ghost by Lewis Buzbee
7. Oh Whistle and I'll Come to You, My Lad by M. R. James
8. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
9. Scent of a Mate by Milly Taiden
10. The Pluto Files by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Runner up/honorable mention is Sold by Patricia McCormick!

9 comments:

  1. I need to select my top ten... I have only five selected and can decide about the other five. I'm planning to post my Top Ten post in January, so I still have some time to decide.
    Congratulations on achieving your goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!! I had decided to select and post my top ten audiobook favorites as I felt it would be easier than listing all 48 titles I'd listened to this year.

      Delete
  2. Falling Awake is one of my favourite books by Jayne Ann Krentz. I didn't listen to the audio though, just read it. Going to go across now and read your review. 48 books is a super dooper achievement. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment!! Hope you have fun listening to more audiobooks in 2015. :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow 48 books on audio that is amazing! I'm hoping to make it to that many next year. And now thanks to being able to speed them up I totally think I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun listening to audio books this year!! It was a blast. I've become quite addicted to listening to audiobooks!!

      Delete
  4. Awesome job!!! 48 is an amazing number! I have no idea how many I've listened to this year, but it's nowhere near your number.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I am officially addicted to audiobooks. I actually listened to more audiobooks than I thought I would this year.

      Delete
    2. It's great that you are loving audiobooks. It's another great way of reading when you are busy.

      Delete