Friday, December 12, 2014

6 Bookstores to Visit in Australia!!

I've yet to visit the country of Australia. It's on my bucket list of places to visit for years now. There are so many places I want to see while visiting Australia... Like the usual tourist hotspots: The Great Barrier Reef, The Sydney Opera House, Uluru (aka Ayers Rock) and the Daintree Rainforest, and so on...

And as a booklover, I now have the added desire of visiting at least one of the six must visit bookstores in Australia!! I came across an article on Cheapflights titled 6 Must-Visit Bookstores in Australia by Shanny Matterson. In Matterson's article, I read the following information:
If you’re an avid reader like myself, you may have wondered where all the good bookshops have gone. Just as vinyl records, VHS tapes and dial-up Internet have all been replaced with high-tech digital equivalents, it seems that books have also become a casualty of the 21st century.A side effect of this evolutionary progression – from printed paper to digital downloads – is the abandonment of the good old dusty bookstores that used to house the words of the world’s greatest writers, thinkers and creators.
However, if you dig deep enough, you can still find some little gems hidden within our cities, just waiting for you to discover them. These little slices of literature heaven are keeping the tradition of print publication well and truly alive, and their curators have lovingly added their own special touches. No matter how tech savvy we get in this world, I still crave and desire to wander a bookshop with shelves crammed with masterpieces for me to discover, to cherish, and to lose myself in.
Here are six of the best bookstores in Australia to discover, before they disappear.
Checkout which Australian bookstores made the must visit list!!

2 comments: