Thursday, August 17, 2017

Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins

Victorian Ghost Short Story
I listened to the a short story titled Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins and narrated by actress, Gillian Anderson.

Listening time for Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins is 1 hour, 38 minutes.

I was able to download Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins to my Kindle for FREE from Audible.

Below is my honest, unbiased review of Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins.

Aside from being FREE, one of the reasons I chose to listen to Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins is because actress Gillian Anderson narrates this short story. I'm not a huge Gillian Anderson fan, but figured that as an established actress, Ms. Anderson would do a really good job of narrating Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins. Let's just say I wasn't all that impressed with Ms. Anderson's performance and leave it at that.

As far as the story/plot go for Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins, I thought this classic short story was okay. It was kind of suspenseful as to what was going on, but nothing to write home about as this short story was a bit on the slow side for me.

The following is a plot summary for Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins from Audible:
Mrs Zant has recently lost her beloved husband, and while walking in the Kensington Gardens, the spot where she and her deceased husband declared their love for each other, she feels his presence trying to warn her of some coming danger.
Mr Rayburn witnesses it all, and he'll have to fight his own incredulity regarding the supernatural and his gut feeling that the disturbed young woman is telling the truth.

Brought to life by Golden Globe Award-winning actress Gillian Anderson (The X-Files), Mrs Zant is the perfect Victorian ghost story.
I am giving Mrs. Zant and the Ghost by Wilkie Collins a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment