Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - The First Ten Books I Reviewed On My Blog


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

It was fun going down memory lane and rediscovering the first ten books I reviewed here on my book blog. I had a very different review writing style my first year of blogging than I do now, which goes to show how we all evolve as bloggers.

Below is my list of ten books I reviewed when I first started blogging on January 1, 2012. Click on the links below to read my review of each book.

1. Death In The Cards by Sharon Short (cozy mystery)
2. Grayson by Lynne Cox (nonfiction)
3. Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay (fiction)
4. Murder Of A Bookstore Babe by Denise Swanson (cozy mystery)
5. So Faux, So Good by Tamar Myers (cozy mystery)
6. Murder On The Rocks by Karen MacInerney (cozy mystery)
7. Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas (nonfiction)
8. May Day by Jess Lourey (cozy mystery)
9. The Dead Beat by Marilyn Johnson (nonfiction)
10. Monet Talks by Tamar Myers (cozy mystery)

Have you read any of the books on my list?

19 comments:

  1. It was so cool to see your old style. I hope you continue blogging and reviewing for many years to come.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I like a good cozy mystery and haven't read one in ages! It's fun to look back at early reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only read Sarah's Key...and what a sad story that was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh nice! Those are all totally new to me reads! In some ways I feel like I kept my reviewing style the same, except perhaps I am more coherent amid all the gushing I used to do! Lol.

    Thanks for visiting my TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's interesting to see the change in WHAT we review too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had my sharing of reading slumps over the years... And yes, sometimes, I've had slumps in terms of posting to my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of any of these, but it sounds like you definitely had a certain reading niche! My style has changed drastically since I first started blogging a little over a year ago, too, as I grew more comfortable in it and figured out how I wanted to structure things, etc. :3

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My writing style has changed in terms of how I write my reviews and other posts I share.

      Delete
  8. SARAH'S KEY is so sad :( I enjoyed MURDER ON THE ROCKS, although I don't think I continued on with the series. I should!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't continue with MURDER ON THE ROCKS series either. Some cozy mystery series are hit or miss.

      Delete
  9. This is a very interesting list! I have not come across any of them before! 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  10. These are all new to me! I agree, it was definitely fun going through my old reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sarah's Keys was one of my early reviews too. Loved that book.

    ReplyDelete