Monday, April 30, 2012

Monet Talks by Tamar Myers

I finished reading Monet Talks by Tamar Myers this past weekend. It's another cozy mystery novel part of Tamar Myers's Den of Antiquity Series and is the sixth novel I've read in this particular cozy mystery series so far. 

I was thrilled that Monet Talks was so much more entertaining to read than the previous Tamar Myers novel I read, which was titled So Faux, So Good

Monet Talks was funny, the storyline and characters were good for the most part. Plus, Monet Talks was a fast novel to read, mainly due to the storyline and fun characters this time around. The following is a description of Monet Talks from the author's website:
Charleston antiques dealer Abigail Timberlake Washburn is thrilled by her recent estate auction purchase of a spectacular bejeweled birdcage from India, but not so much by its occupant, a mouthy mynah named Monet. Still, her customers at the Den of Antiquity seem charmed by the insufferable birdbrain, so Abby figures she's stuck with him. That is, until she finds a stuffed starling resting on his usual perch with a ransom note demanding a real Monet (the painted variety) in exchange for her purloined pet.

Since she doesn't happen to have a priceless masterpiece on hand--and since a mynahless existence isn't all that distasteful a prospect--Abby figures she'll let the thief keep the annoying avian. But when her mama Mozella is abducted by the craven birdnapper, Abby must leap into the fray to rescue mater and mynah alike ... before the feathers really start to fly!
The only complaint I have about this novel is that I was surprised by whodunit. I would have never guessed the person whodunit to be the one who did. I suppose this is a good thing in some regards, but the guilty person seemed to come out of nowhere. Other than that, I'd recommend this novel to anyone who enjoys reading cozy mystery novels.

2 comments:

  1. I have not read this series by Tamar Myers, but usually enjoy the Pennsylvania Dutch series she writes. When I was writing book reviews for the newspaper, I reviewed my favorite in that series and then sent her a copy. She was gracious enough to write me back and compliment my writing. She also shared that she'd lived close to where I live and was familiar with the newspapers I wrote for.

    It's always a nice extra when you discover that an author whose work you admire is also a nice, down-to-earth person. Tamar Myers is one of those authors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so cool that you received a reply back from Tamar Myers!! It's nice when authors follow up with a response when you write to them. Tamar Myers seems like she'd be a nice person... I don't have anything to base that on other reading her website and books!

      Delete