Monday, April 8, 2019

Rupi Kaur Reads From Poetry Collection, Milk and Honey.


Rupi Kaur is a new to me poet and author. Below is more information about her from Wikipedia:
Rupi Kaur (born October 4, 1992) (Punjabi: ਰੂਪੀ ਕੌਰ) is an Indian born Canadian poet, writer, illustrator, and performer. Her debut book, a collection of poetry and prose titled Milk and Honey, was published in 2014.[1] Her second book, The Sun and Her Flowers, was published in 2017. Both of these books contain images, drawn by Kaur and others to help the reader associate a picture with each poem.
Interesting poetry and prose, but I am not sure I love her writing. 

2 comments:

  1. I have read differing opinions about this collection, though it won a big prize didn't it? I liked what I heard here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if it won a prize or not. I liked the message she shares, but typically don't consider it poetry.

      Delete