Monday, April 16, 2012

Paris, My Sweet by Amy Thomas

Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas is a fabulous book I've recently read and I thoroughly enjoyed to the core... It's a fun, fast, easy breezy book to enjoy as a quick picker upper! It's a memoir.... It's about sweets and the quest for delicious pastries/desserts and much more... So, if you're a foodie and you like all things sweets related, then you'll love reading this memoir. Also, if you like both New York City & Paris, you'll enjoy reading this book too. Plus, the author, Amy Thomas, kinda reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw from the hit television series Sex in the City.

Buy and read Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas.... It'll make you want to visit Paris or New York City and enjoy every decadent dessert Ms. Thomas writes about in her book... By the way, Ms. Thomas does give the names and addresses to many of her favorite food stops in both Paris and New York City at the end of her book.

Oh, and word of caution, this book actually made me hungry for many of the sweet treats discussed in each chapter and I happily consumed a wide variety of the ones mentioned from local bakeries here on the West Coast of the USA. Needless to say, I gained three pounds when all was said and done. At least I can say I enjoyed every tasty morsel!! Enjoy the journey is my new motto... Or should I say read good books and eat tasty treats? ;-)

P.S. You may also follow Amy Thomas through her blog, Sweet Freak, to continue reading more of her food escapades!

No comments:

Post a Comment