Thursday, April 18, 2019

7 Non-Fiction Books About Filipinx America by Pinoy Writers

I've been happily married to a Filipino-American now for 17 years... But we've been romantically involved for 24 years continuous years. 

Because of this, I've become more interested in learning about Filipino-American culture, history, and heritage over the years.

I recently came across an article on Electric Lit's website titled, 
7 Non-Fiction Books About Filipinx America by Pinoy Writers by Elaine Castillo. In the article, Elaine Castillo wrote the following:
So below are a few of my favorite contemporary Filipinx American critics and historians from whom I, too, have gained a valuable education about the wonders and terrors of American statecraft and its rippling effects around the world, particularly the country my parents immigrated to California from—in the hopes that by expanding the list of people from whom we learn our history, we can also expand the list of people from whom we experience our art.
All 7 books sound like amazing ones to read. I will be adding them to my ever growing reading wishlist! 

2 comments: