Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Happy National Library Week - April 7th through April 13th

I'm a little late getting this post up. Nonetheless, Happy National Library Week! 

I recently came across an article on CNN's website titled, 
9 facts about librarians you probably didn't know by Sam Romano. The 9 facts about librarians were intriguing to learn. I liked #3 the best, which states that librarians help spies: "Want to work for the Central Intelligence Agency? A library degree (and the ability to pass an intensive background check) might be your ticket in. At the CIA, you can earn up to six figures working in their library."

Too bad I didn't know this bit of information when I was 18 years old and entering college! I always wanted to work for the CIA as a spy. But with my love of reading books and doing research, I think being a librarian at the CIA and helping spies sounds like more fun if you ask me. Plus, the pay doesn't sound too bad either!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I have another friend who wanted to be a spy. She is from Switzerland but has lived in California for most of her life. She writes self published mysteries. I have read and reviewed all of her books on my blog. Her name is Alice Zogg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting news indeed!! I have read a review you've written of one of Alice Zogg's novels and have added her to my reading wishlist.

      Delete