Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Top Ten Tuesday - Things That Make Me Pick Up a Book


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Below are a few reasons I pick up a book to read!

1. I've read a book by the author before and loved their writing.
2. The book has been recommended to me by another avid reader that has the same taste I do in terms of genre, writing style, etc.
3. I like the book cover and/or book title.
4. The blurb about the book on its back cover makes me want to read it.
5. It's a book club pick.
6. I want to explore a new genre. 
7. I'm interested in learning a new hobby or skill.
8. The book is required reading for a class.
9. I found the book at a Little Free Library.
10. I keep hearing a lot of positive buzz about a particular author.

19 comments:

  1. Ooh nice set of reasons! I can definitely relate to a few of them as well!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  2. I had cover and author I'd read before on my list this week too! I'll also pick up a book because the blurb is intriguing, I've been recommended it by a friend or if there's a lot of buzz around the author, particularly debuts.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/02/top-ten-tuesday-205/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  3. Book club picks are huge for me too, though I probably influence those too much to say that's the ultimate reason I pick them up. 😂 Definitely reliant on a good blurb or a trusted recommendation as well.

    My TTT: https://www.hungry-bookworm.com/2019/04/02/top-ten-tuesday-things-that-make-me-pick-up-a-book/

    - Megan @ The Hungry Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  4. Learning a new hobby or skill is a fantastic reason to pick up a book.

    My <a href="http://www.lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-things-that-make-me-pick-up-a-book/“>post</a>.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love knitting, so have picked up a few books to help me as a newbie knitter!

      Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  5. A lot of these have been pretty popular today. But I like the idea of picking something up because you want to learn more about a subject.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these are great reasons, but I think the first four probably account for a huge amount of my new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  7. Those are great reasons to pick up a book. I love to read books from debut authors (especially if they're awesome people on Twitter), but I also like reading books by some of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  9. I'd love to see a Free Little Library. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Little Free Libraries and visit them @ every opportunity I can!! I find as many new ones as possible. Do you not have any Little Free Libraries near you? Happy reading!!

      Delete
  10. Little Free Libraries are the BEST! I very rarely find anything I want to read, but they are sprouting like dandelions in my region and I never tire of the thrill of peeking inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are the best!! I found two of them this past weekend in Sacramento.

      Delete