Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Top Twelve Tuesday - Thanksgiving/Thankful Freebie -- Mystery Novels I Read That Were Better Than Expected!



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I like reading mystery novels quite a bit. It's always risky business trying out new to me authors from the mystery genre. Below are some mystery novels that surprised me in a good way from mystery authors I took a chance on!

1.The Woman on the Orient Express by Lindsay Jayne Ashford
2. Louisiana LongShot by Jana DeLeon
3. Deadly Readings by Laura Bradford
4. Murder and Moonflowers by Leslie Leigh
5. Lye in Wait by Cricket McRae
6. The Beekeeper by Juliet Moore
7. Wanna Get Lucky? by Deborah Coonts
8. Maids of Misfortune by M. Louisa Locke
9. Swan Song by Lee Hanson
10. The St. Valentine's Day Cookie Massacre by Elisabeth Crabtree
11. Life's A Beach And Then You Die by Falafel Jones
12. May Day by Jess Lourey

4 comments:

  1. Ooh nice topic! And picks! All totally new to me ones! I love when a book takes you by surprise and a new to you author soon becomes a favorite! I did a LOT of that in my preblogging days!

    Oh nice! I honestly could not think of any book that took place over this holiday! Holidays don't really come up in my reads apparently! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday PostGREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ignore that second bit! I didn't realize I copied the entire comment on my first visit instead of just my link!

      Delete
  2. I read two outstanding mysteries last year: The Daughter of Time (Inspector Alan Grant Book 5) and To Love and Be Wise (Inspector Alan Grant Book 4), both by Josephine Tey. They are smart, and highly unusual mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the recommendations!! I've not read any books by Josephine Tey.

      Delete