Saturday, November 3, 2018

30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith



I listened to the unabridged audio dramatization of the graphic novel, 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith, which was narrated by a cast of voice actors. 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith is the first read for the month of November as I started and finished it on November 1st.

Listening time for 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith is 1 hour, 3 minutes.

I purchased 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith for 99 cents from Audible as it was their Daily Deal on Halloween this year. It falls into the horror genre and a perfect scary read for Halloween!! I'd never heard of the graphic novel 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith before. I loved that this was a dramatization as it was like listening to a radio show/program, which added a fun dimension to this audio edition. I thought the entire program was nicely done. I enjoyed the storyline and the characters very much as well. 

So, if you enjoy the horror genre and vampires, then this may be the read for you.

The following is the plot summary of 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith from Audible:
An all-new, full-cast dramatization of the classic graphic novel.

The isolated town of Barrow, Alaska, is plunged into darkness for a month each year when the sun sinks below the horizon. As the last rays of light fade, the town is attacked by a bloodthirsty gang of vampires bent on an uninterrupted orgy of destruction. Only Barrow's husband-and-wife sheriff team stand between the survivors and certain destruction. By the time the sun rises, will they pay the ultimate price - or worse?
I am giving 30 Days of Night by Steve Niles & Ben Templesmith a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. Horror and vampires is not my go to genre but I am glad you enjoyed it. You might like the movie we watched last night: Spring. Not exactly horror but it sure felt like it at times, it is also a very quirky love story. Available on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggestion. I will check out Spring.

      Right now, I am binge watching the new Netflix series, The Haunting of Hill House based on the novel by Shirley Jackson. My husband and I have watched 5 of the episodes so far and are enjoying the series even though the series is different from the book from what I remember.

      Delete
    2. P. S. I'm generally not into vampire themed reads for the most part either, but rather chose this one as a Halloween themed read instead.

      Delete
  2. Excellent theme for Halloween. It's not my preferred genre, but I've read a book or two on the topic in the past. Never occurred to me to make this kind of reading coincide with Halloween until I took part in a challenge this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete