Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Margaret Atwood is Writing a Sequel to The Handmaid's Tale!!

Exciting news for Margaret Atwood fans! Ms. Atwood is a writing a sequel to her famous novel, The Handmaid's Tale. The sequel is expected to be published in September 2019 and has the title of Testaments. 

I read The Handmaid's Tale years ago now. It's a novel I'd like to reread before the sequel comes out as I'd like to read Testaments.

For more information, check out the Huffpost article titled,
Margaret Atwood’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Is Getting A Sequel by Nina Golgowski.

6 comments:

  1. Good. Perhaps that's the incentive I need to read the original and watch the TV series the book inspired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have the chance to read, The Handmaid's Tale, before the sequel comes out.

      Delete
  2. This is so exciting to me. I don't understand why some people are making snide comments about it already. I am going to reread as much Margaret Atwood as I can before the sequel comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, snide remarks already? That's interesting!! I hadn't heard/read that.

      Delete
  3. I just heard about this! Honestly I'm not sure how I feel about it... the ending of the first book was so good and I would hate for it to turn out like a Disney sequel where they try to cater to fans and it doesn't really work. Crossing my fingers it won't be like that!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the sequel lives up to the hype as well. I'd hate for it to be a huge let down either.

      Delete