Saturday, August 10, 2013

Life's A Beach Then You Die by Falafel Jones

eBook Edition
I enjoy reading mystery novels immensely. 

Life's A Beach Then You Die by Falafel Jones caught my attention for the following three reasons.

1) The book was a FREE eBook I could download to my eReader.

2) The plot summary sounded intriguing enough to capture my attention.

3) Falafel Jones is a new author to me. I'm always on the look out for new writing talent to add to my reading repertoire.

I really enjoyed reading 'Life's A Beach Then You Die' more than I thought I would... I wasn't expecting much from a free eBook by an unknown author, but I really enjoyed reading this mystery novel for the most part. 

The Pros are as follows:

- Likable lead character
- Good characters throughout the story
- Nice plot/well told story
- Good twists and turns to keep the reader interested
- Didn't guess the killer until near the end of the novel

The Cons are as follows:

- Novel needs some minor editing work
- Sometimes too much detail is given... Do I really need to know what the lead character ate during a meal?? Especially if it isn't an important part of the story??

Otherwise, I found 'Life's A Beach Then You Die' a good read! 

I look forward to reading 'The Kewpie Killer' also written by Falafel Jones sometime in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reading Life's a Beach Then You Die. It was the first novel I wrote. Since writing it, I've completed The Kewpie Killer and I'm working on a sequel to Life's a Beach.

    Falafel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on my blog!! I enjoy reading an author's response a review about their book that I've posted on my blog.

      I look forward to reading the sequel to Life's a beach as well as The Kewpie Killer. Happy writing!

      Delete