Friday, June 19, 2015

Learn Pole Dancing (Single Wide Female: The Bucket List) by Lillianna Blake

Novella 
Earlier this week, I read Learn Pole Dancing (Single Wide Female: The Bucket List, #1) by Lillianna Blake.

Learn Pole Dancing (Single Wide Female: The Bucket List) by Lillianna Blake is novella approximately 46 pages in length (or is it considered a short story??) that I downloaded to my Kindle from Amazon for FREE!!

Below is my honest review of Learn Pole Dancing (Single Wide Female: The Bucket List) by Lillianna Blake.

I enjoyed reading Learn Pole Dancing quite a bit for the most part. Sam (Short for Samantha) is a fun character. I like her character a lot. She's a full figured, voluptuous woman who has recently lost 70 pounds and still has 30 more pounds she'd like to lose. Sam has come up with a bucket list of things she'd like to do if she ever lost the weight and as a way to celebrate the weight she has already lost she's gone from being a brunette to being a blonde... And now, she wants to take pole dancing classes! She finds the pole dancing class to be empowering. 

I love the idea of a bucket list. I want to create my own bucket list and use it as an incentive for me overcome a few obstacles in my life. Writing down one's life goals or creating a bucket list can actually help propel a person in a positive direction and help them meet or fulfill their wildest dreams.

The only character I didn't like from Learn Pole Dancing was Max. Max is Sam's best friend, but I really found him to be an asshole. The guy was mean and rude to Sam throughout the entire novella and wasn't supportive at all. She'd been crushing on him for over a decade and had hopes that they would come together after she lost weight, but she realizes he isn't the one.

The following is a summary for Learn Pole Dancing (Single Wide Female: The Bucket List) by Lillianna Blake from Amazon's website:
Pole dancing - that's it. I can do that. I used to be a gymnast as a kid. Well I used to run around in the garden with a long ribbon pretending I was a gymnast during the Olympics…that's just the same, right?

Well, I just need to tone up a little and lose that last, ahem, thirty pounds. I know, I know, But hey I've lost seventy-pounds already so give me a break! I'll tell you what though - it's not been easy. There's temptation everywhere, and the slimmer I get, the temptation is morphing from cup cakes into men. Or maybe cup cake covered men? mmmm.

Oops, sorry about that. Anyways, I need to lose another thirty pounds and I just know that pole dancing is the answer - then watch out world. Or more in particular, watch out if you're a single guy - I have cup cakes and I know how to use them.

I'm giving Learn Pole Dancing (Single Wide Female: The Bucket List) by Lillianna Blake a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!!

2 comments:

  1. I like the title of this one and I really like that it's free :)
    Creating a bucket list is a great idea. My best friend and I have a bucket list together. We've been able to mark off a few things. I need to create one of my own though so I could focus on my personal goals in life. If you start one, I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with creating and focusing on your own personal goals!! I will definitely be creating my own and look forward to meeting my own personal life goals.

      Delete