Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes

I listened to the unabridged audiobook version of The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes this week.

This is the first book I've read by Julian Barnes... Or listened to rather. I'd seen his books sitting on bookshelves in bookstores before, but had never bothered to purchase any books written by Mr. Barnes.

It wasn't until another Bookcrosser sent  me the audio version of The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes as a Random Act of Bookcrossing Kindness some months ago now that I finally became acquainted with the writing of Julian Barnes.

The Sense of an Ending is the winner of the 2011 Man Booker Prize and I've heard a couple of people say they've enjoyed this book, so was happy to give this novel a go to see what it was all about.

I'm not sure what I expected of The Sense of an Ending or Julian Barnes, which is unusual for me as I usually have some sort of preconceived notion or idea of what to expect from a book or its author before I begin reading a particular book.

With that said, I felt the storyline in The Sense of an Ending was a little bit slow in parts, but good none the less. It has a good storyline and is very well written. I also feel that Richard Morant did a superb job performing a dramatic reading of The Sense of an Ending. Overall, I enjoyed The Sense of an Ending. I'd give it a 7 out of 10 star rating.

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment