Sunday, December 23, 2012

100th Read For the Year Milestone!!

As of Monday, December 17th, I've read my 100th book for the calendar year!!  I usually never come even close to reading 100 books in any given calendar year, but this year I did and it feels amazing!! 

Reading 100 books this year kind of caught me off guard really. I knew I read a lot this year, but didn't realize how many books until I finished my most recent one.

Usually my reading goal during the past few years has simply been to read 52 books a year or an average of one book a week. If I read more than 52 books a year great. If I read less than 52 books, no big deal. Either way, reading several books a year is a good thing in my book. It's all about enjoying the process and keeping it fun.... Otherwise what's the point of having a hobby?

I read books mainly as a way to relax and unwind. Books are a distraction from everyday life for me and a way to entertain and engage my brain.

I also like to learn new things as well, so reading is also educational for me as well. I like reading nonfiction books about subjects I'm curious about and believe me there are lots of topics I want to learn more about!

I think cutting our cable bill and ditching television as well as reading shorter length books and novellas attributes to my success in reading more books this year.

How many books have you read this year? Do you make annual reading goals for yourself? Share your story here!

No comments:

Post a Comment